Southern Sweet Tea FizzyMilk Bath

Monday, April 22, 2013

Juggler of Schedules, Keeper of Peace, Finder of the lost and Creator of Dreams

  I am not just a small business owner, I am a mother of four children, Grandmother of two and a Military wife for 25 years. I have worked most of my children's lives.  Sometimes outside of the home and sometimes in the home. I think I have done and tried it all. From Avon to Daycare.
   Now in my younger years I have to say that long nights of work and early morning rushes may have been hectic, yet doable. Now that I am hitting 45 (this Year) I am finding that I am not always running as fast as I use to. There are days I stand in the middle of my chaos and feel like that world is swirling around me. Kids searching for something while screaming the ever popular "mom, do you know where..?" My grandson chasing me with the same book I have read 15 times that morning already, a husband rummaging through drawers looking for something he miss placed even after you told him 20 times to put it up. On top of the cookie in the oven being done and the stove buzzer going off, the dogs whining to go out and the business phone ringing.
   By no means do I think I do more or work harder then the rest of the mom's out there. I think I just figured out this morning that It doesn't really get easier as they get older, it just that their needs change. My youngest use to want my time to glue an arm on a figure or tie a rope around a toy animal, now 14, he needed me to tie his tie this morning. No more dolls and hair brushing with my daughter, now 16, she needs me to pick up her boyfriend, take her to flying lessons and shop for dress after dress. My two oldest, 24  and 20 need me in different ways as well. My two sons call me for relationship advise, parenting tips and lots of "How did you handle this Mom?" questions.
   I started my business 2 years ago, thinking I needed something, my kids where not going to need as much so I would need to do something with all of my left over time. Boy was I wrong!! They need me just as much,  even my husband, now retired from the Air Force, still needs me to know his schedule, keep track of his paperwork, remember all names and faces. This morning I was making 5 different Dead Sea Salt Bath soaks, creating labels for some new soaps, setting up a photo shoot of my Massaging oil line and helping my son (14 year old) get on his suit and tie so he could be Al Capon in a History Class re-enactment.
   So I am here to tell you, they never get too old to need you. I have one that is getting ready to transition to H.S., my high school daughter is picking colleges to visit, my newly college graduate son just enlisted in the Marines and my grown son in Las Vegas, Nv. calls me three time a day, Oh, and retired does not mean he is out from under your feet.
   To every working mother and Grandmother out there, just remember you are your family's strength, your children's role models and your husband's joy...You are the true Super Hero's of the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment