Southern Sweet Tea FizzyMilk Bath

Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Benefits of a Great Bath

  I have known for some time now that a good hot bath is so important for us. But recently I took ill and was simply not in a mood for my baths. Fighting a reoccurring cold for almost 10 weeks, all I had the energy for was a quick shower.
   It seemed like the medication was fighting against me and my own body was refusing to get better. Then a week ago I just felt like a long soak in a hot bath with Dead sea Salt and Eucalyptus oil. I forced myself to climb in the tube and sit a while. It felt good breathing in the Eucalyptus vapors and the hot water really made my aches and pains seem to diminish a bit. Low and behold the next day I actually felt a small bit better.
   I started thinking about all of my research I have done on baths and why we need them. I started thinking about how a salt bath or and Epsom bath are detoxing for our bodies. Epsom and Dead Sea Salts  are made up of the compound Magnesium Sulfate. Which is so important for our bodies. Magnesium helps keep  well over 325 enzymes active in our bodies while making sure that our bodily functions run smoothly. Our brain tissue, our joint proteins our digestive tracks are strengthen and improved by a good soak.
   Not to mention that soaking in salts, baking soda, corn starch and other natural ingredients help improve our muscles and nerve functions, reduces inflammation and even improves our blood circulation.
   So I think that once I started soaking again, using my natural products and hot water started to give my body back what it needed to help fight this horrible cold and even helped my medication be able to start working.
Every night I tossed in some sort of product of mine. A fizzy bomb, Dead Sea Salt, Milk Bath soaks, Bath melts, and a week later I am starting to come back to life. My body is not in agonizing pain, I can finally breath without felling like I need an oxygen tank and the coughing in now down to a low bark. I think I will always wonder if I had just kept up with my nightly bath, would I have felt better sooner.   I hear all the time..."I don't have time for a bath"..."I don't like sitting in the bath water"...and even "Baths are disgusting". Yet taking a bath goes as far back as man, and there is so many reasons we should be bathing and not just showering. The health benefits are huge and vital. So try to fit at least 2-3 baths in a week and watch how much better you feel.

                                                                     




No comments:

Post a Comment